Notice that the media keeps missing important education stories – or, worse, getting them wrong? Have You Heard wants to do something about that. We have an ambitious list of destinations we want to travel to in the months ahead. With your support we can hit the road and help tell stories like these:
- Will Betsy DeVos cost Donald Trump Michigan and the election? We’re going to Michigan to explore how DeVos’ deep unpopularity and her extreme agenda could tip the balance in a state that Trump won by just 10,000 votes in 2016.
- According to the New York Times African-American voters feel betrayed by the Democrats’ pivot away from charter schools. But recent gubernatorial campaign by Stacey Abrams in Georgia and Andrew Gillum in Florida point to a more complicated story. We’re headed south to learn more.
- Voters in rural Wisconsin went big for Trump in 2016. But there is one policy area where they are wildly at odds with the GOP: education. As the GOP embraces school funding cuts and privatization, rural communities have been voting to raise their own taxes in order to keep their local public schools alive.
- Your city/state here! Got an idea for an episode that’s relevant to our education 2020 theme? Email us or Tweet your ideas to @HaveYouHeardPod.
Here are some of the ways you can support us:
1. Become a patron of Have You Heard on Patreon. Or if you’re already a Patreon supporter, consider increasing your monthly donation. (Note: Patreon subscribers get access to extras like our extended play segment *In the Weeds* and episode-specific reading lists.)
2. Make a one-time donation via PayPal.
3. Make a tax deductible donation. Make your check payable to:
Public Education Communications Project
23 Woodward Ave.
Gloucester, MA 01930.
Thanks for your support!
Jennifer and Jack