Help send Have You Heard on the road in 2020
Education will play a major role in key 2020 election contests and yet the media keeps missing the story, or worse, getting it wrong. Have You Heard wants to do something about that. We have an ambitious list of destinations we want to travel to in the months ahead. With your help we can hit the road and shine a light on stories like these:
- According to the New York Times African American voters feel betrayed by the Democrats’ pivot away from charter schools. But in southern states like Georgia, where school privatization comes freighted with the legacy of school segregation, the issue looks just a little more complicated…
- Will Betsy DeVos cost Donald Trump Michigan and the election? We’re headed back to Michigan to explore how DeVos’ deep unpopularity and her extreme agenda could tip the balance in a state that Trump won by just 10,000 votes in 2016.
- The public schools in Mayor Pete’s hometown of South Bend, Indiana are hemorrhaging students to charters and voucher schools. Have You Heard heads to the Heartland for an up-close look at the messy politics of school choice.
- Your city/state here! Got an idea for an episode that’s relevant to our education 2020 theme? Email us or Tweet your ideas to @HaveYouHeardPod.
Here are some of the ways you can support us:
1. Become a patron of Have You Heard on Patreon. (Note: your monthly donation gives you access to extras like our extended play segment *In the Weeds* and episode-specific reading lists.)
2. Make a one-time donation via PayPal.
3. Make a tax deductible donation. Make your check payable to:
Public Education Communications Project
23 Woodward Ave.
Gloucester, MA 01930.
Thanks for your support!